Sunday, February 11, 2007

Pork Chops For Supper,Sadie?

When I was growing up we lived with my maternal grandparents.Grandma lived to the ripe old age of 89 and would tell me cute little stories about the people in the neighborhood.Farther up the road lived a widow named Sadie.
She had a parrot that would constantly ask,"Pork chops for supper, Sadie"? Well tonight it's... pork chops for supper,Suzy... and here's one of my favorite recipes.

Salt and pepper center cut boneless pork chops.Add a bit of chopped garlic to the top of the chops.I like the chopped garlic in a jar.
Sprinkle with paprika to add color.Heat a frying pan until it's very hot.Do not use any oil unless the chops are very lean.Sear chops over very high heat until lightly browned on each side.Pour 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup water over chops.Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes until tender...That's it!
..I usually serve this with roasted yams.Here's how I make them:

Roasted Yams
2 yams
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon thyme (fresh is best)
salt and ground pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
halve yams,place cut side up in a shallow baking dish,just large enough to hold a single layer.Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with thyme.Season with salt and pepper.
Bake until golden brown and very tender,35 to 45 minutes.Onions can be added for extra flavor.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Both sound delish. I have some lovely chops and yams that I was planning to have this next week. I'll try your recipes!!
:)

someone else said...

I'm also going to try those pork chops. Those sound absolutely wonderful and it doesn't get much easier than that to fix.