Thursday, November 22, 2007

When we were in Virginia a few months ago, we found a few antique shops. I had been looking for a small vase for my kitchen window sill. I found this one. It's only about 5 inches tall and great for those short stems that accidentally get broken off in the garden. Every other day, I would snip off a few blooms and make a new bouquet to enjoy!


I found this small plate.....


and this curved one to hold my glasses. I only wear glasses to drive and it seems I'm always looking for them....

“Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.” ~H. Jackson Brown

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Pretty finds! I especially like the curved dish. It is perfect for glasses.

Theresa said...

Great finds! I have a glasses holder too, it works marvolously.

Like the quote, a good reminder to treasure people more than stuff.

Janice said...

Love your found treasures! What a pretty place to keep your eye glasses! :o)

Midlife Mom said...

Wonderful treasures! I like small vases too. I like the really tiny ones for my bathrooms when I have company, just makes it look a bit special for them.

The dishes are so pretty too especially the curved one. Isn't it fun to find things like this that you can use around the house!

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Suzy,
What a neat idea for an eyeglass holder!

I do believe that crescent shaped dish is known as a "bone" dish. It was used in Victorian times to hold fish bones. (I collect dishes and I've come across those before).

Hope you are having a great Monday!

Nickie said...

I have a tiny tea cup that has the same pattern!! I found it in the old house. So neat :)