Thursday, November 15, 2007

" Show and Tell Friday "...

is hosted by Kelli over at "there is no place like home".

A few years ago, we were replacing the bathroom floor in my Mom's house. The original floor had been put down many years before with the anticipated "indoor plumbing". When we took up the old boards we found several layers of newspaper underneath to help insulate the floor. I enjoyed looking through these worn and faded papers and decided to keep some. Recently I came across them when I was cleaning a closet.
Check out these styles and prices: ( THE YEAR WAS 1944)




I apologize for the quality and darkness of the photos.
For more "Show and Tell"...click here!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun find. A little piece of history...
Have a wonderful thanksgiving...

Anonymous said...

Those prices are really incredible. Such fun pieces to find and really see how things were progressing back then.
Real treasures.

Take care,
Connie

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....I would like to know the dates of the papers...how very interesting. It's funny tho, some styles remain timeless.

Susan said...

How neat. Do you have any idea of the date? Just look at those prices!!!!
Susan

nannykim said...

It is so much fun when you find old things to link to your house--you should frame one of those and display it and write about how you found it!!

Theresa said...

oh I'll take a couple twin matresses at that price! fun post.

I left you a little something at my blog today for being such a good inspiration for me!

Rose of Sharon said...

What great pictures! The prices are unbelievable. What a fun treasure to find!

:0) Sharon

Dana said...

I just love those old magazines!!! The pictures and articles are amazing. What a treasure, indeed!

Please stop by to see my Show & Tell, too. :)

Have a great weekend!

xo
Dana

Michelle said...

hmm...it makes you wonder if we'll long for the prices of today in another 50 years...

I hope you're having a good day. (o;

Anonymous said...

WOW! those are great! And the prices!!!! AMAZING!

pam

Anonymous said...

What fun! Wow, those are some great prices!!

Mary said...

Remember back in those days those prices were high. I remember in 1966 when I got my first pay check that my mother was appaled that I spent $6.00 on a wool skirt.

Lovely ads. They are something to cherish.

Blessings,
Mary

Midlife Mom said...

Those prices are just amazing aren't they???!!! I love looking at the old catalogs, someone gave me several that I have had for quite some time and the things are adorable and soooooo cheap! I guess inflation is alive and well!!

Kelli said...

Wow! What a neat find! I love seeing the pictures and prices of old things!
Kelli